I'm a huge comic book nerdling who goes to comic book stores to talk about what they do well and/or badly, just so I can feel better about myself and get attention from strangers, which I love.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Quick update

Thanks for all the interest in this new blog. I'll be taking bets to guess how long I keep it up until I get bored of it.

After visiting each store, I've been recording a lot of notes verbally just so I remember what I thought about each store. I thought very briefly about possibly doing a podcast, but realized that there's nothing quite as boring as non sequitor verbal diarrhea, and it turns out I have an awful voice.

(By the way, my father told me yesterday that I'm not as ugly on TV as I am in real life. I love my family.)

Am glad to report that Sonia has also taken a big interest in this as well. A great added dynamic to her coming with me is that she notices stuff as one who is not a huge comic fan and doesn't frequent comic book stores regularly, and also, as unfortunate as it is to have to say, as a woman. Plus, she has really nice boobies and is pretty. You know, for a comic book chick. (In all seriousness, her being a female prospective customer was actually relevant yesterday during a visit to one of the stores yesterday. More on that later.)

Speaking of later, I will probably only be able to provide one review a week if I want to do them properly, given that I have a day job I have to pretend to do for the benefit of the editors who read my twitter and facebook pages (Yay Marvel, DC sucks balls) plus I have all my Christmas DVDs to watch.

So every Wednesday, then? I've visted four comic book stores so far for this thing, and none are by where I actually live, so there should be enough to consistently provide all the yes sequitor written solid-poop that you might be looking for.

By the way, the store I visited today is probably the benchmark standard for comic book stores in my opinion. When I said that I might be giving ratings for stores, say out of 10, it was while keeping in mind that I had actually seen and visited a store that I would have given a 10, and would base the ratings on that standard.

This store is as good as that store or better. I will discuss why I think so and reveal the name of it later.

Oh, okay, it's Austin Books & Comics in Austin, Texas on North Lamar. I'll go into more detail later, I promise. My notes on this store almost broke Sonia's iPhone.